removing cross beam on a D

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:34:11 -0600

Hi Chris,
                   A strut of this diameter/cross sectional area. is a
tensioning strut.   Stops things from pulling apart.
  The plate has been designed very close to the compression limits of the
two struts, the added cross tensioning bar is there for insurance.
The D also has a wooden tensioning strut connecting the main beams.

Remove at tension at your own peril.

Cover your butt is in order.

Regards Roger