Kuerti article

Joel Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:12:26 -0600

On 3/2/04 10:25 AM, "Jeff Tanner" <jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu> wrote:
Jeff,
A Kuerti article appeared in PTG Journal, however I do not know the date as
my files are in storage.  I would guess it is around the late 70's.  If
someone has a Journal CD the article may appear in a search.
    The article tells how to use common objects such as 3x5 cards, pennies,
pencil eraser and  tongue depressor too check the regulation of a piano.  I
used this article for my class to have students evaluate a piano quickly,
and with some accuracy.
    I did not have them stack 19 pennies on key to find the DW. Other
suggestions were practical such as using 6 or 7 pennies to find the dip.
Marking lines on the 3x5 to find blow distance, drop. Using a pencil eraser
on the right two strings to check the shift pedal was quick.
    Later today I'll give you the month the Kuerti article was in the
Journal.

Joel
--
Joel A. Jones  RPT