Kuerti article

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:05:30 -0800

Thanks Horace.

No doubt about me learning. I am looking forward to it.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Horace
Greeley
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 3:29 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: RE: Kuerti article

Alan, et al,

At 04:15 PM 3/23/2004, you wrote:
>Hey folks,
>
>Has anyone made contact with Mr Kuerti? Just reread the article. This
>is really an amazing piece expecially given the date of writing. So
>what that several of the "fixes" are now considered to be problems
>rather than solutions. There is still so much good information in it
>that I wish all pianists knew it by heart. I hope to be teaching a
>class for teachers and pianists this summer and would like to have his
>permission to use it, even in its dated form. Thanks.

I had sent an EM to the last known-good address I had for Mr. Kuerti, and
have had no response to date.  I believe that he is listed in Musical
America, and can probably be reached through his management (from that
listing).

As I think I originally noted, he has always been most gracious in allowing
people to use that material, given appropriate acknowledgement; and really
cannot imagine that he would not do so again.  Still, it is best to be sure.

Best of luck with your class!  I am sure that you will learn at least as
much as the "students" do!

Horace