Gratuities

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:15:15 EST

jtanner@mozart.sc.edu writes:
I have begged for some sort of communication device to be installed
into the recital scheduling process that informs those involved with
logistics, er, the piano tuner, of what's going on.  If you want your
recital recorded, you have to fill out a recording request form and
submit your money, or it doesn't get recorded.  But unknown to everyone
except the piano tuner, there is no channel of communication to the
piano tuner if an event takes place.

I was wondering how common this is at other schools.
Jeff
We're supposed to have that in effect here, but unfortunately the person in
charge of this is not very good. The problem is, she wasn't doing her job the
couple of last years, when the chair didn't care if she did her job or not, and
this year our new chair hasn't got a clue that there is a problem. (She got
way too many other problems to deal with, which is another story.)

Just recently I asked her for a list of concerts on which the piano is used.
If I hadn't asked for this list, I don't know how I was supposed to have found
out. Sooner or later enough poeple are going to complain, and either she'll
get the boot, or do a much better job.

Wim