Gratuities

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:32:06 -0500

Well, it's not a particularly fun job, it is very time consuming, and
its usually given to someone who has other responsibilities.  Or at
least that's been the case here.  We had one faculty member who handled
it for years, but he retired a couple years ago.  Since then, it has
gone to a couple of staff members who had more on their plate to worry
about than that scheduling monster.  The last keeper of the flame was
just getting good at it when she took a job elsewhere.  We really don't
have a staff member who's job description fits with, or time allows for
maintaining computer schedules for every room in the building.  I don't
doubt that is the case in many other places.  I could see a staff
position for someone being simply responsible for scheduling being a
full time headache.
Jeff