Gratuities

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:18:59 EST

In a message dated 3/2/04 8:53:22 AM Central Standard Time, atodd@UH.EDU
writes:
I'm going to "sort of" disagree here. Although I realize it's not likely to
happen,
as far as I'm concerned, it should be the person who's giving the recital who
makes sure that all those "details" are taken care of. IMO, that should also
be part of the training any performer, conductor, etc. receives while in
school.
I agree with this. I did say something to the harpsichord teacher, but maybe
I'll send a post to all the faculty members, or bring it up at the next
faculty meeting, which is tomorrow. It might ruffle a few feathers, because, as
someone said, most profs don't have a clue either, but maybe it will help in the
long run.

Wim