Vandalism

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:51:04 EST

This looks very similar to a piano I had to work on when I first got in the
business. The piano, a Baldwin Acrosonic, came out of a residence hall at
Washington University in St. Louis. The word I got was that the university had just
announced a fee hike, and some students didn't like that, so they trashed the
piano.

As in your case, it was a piano still in production, so I called Willard Sims
at Baldwin and asked for advice. I was told to install hammer 88 so that the
strike point was at 1/7 of the length of the string, then to cut the rest of
the shanks the same length. I did, and the piano was salvaged.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano tuner/technician
School of Music