Kawai metal cabinet parts

Don Mannino DMannino@kawaius.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:26:22 -0800

Lance and Jim,

There are some older Kawai models that had metal legs and maybe toe
blocks as well.  I think they were BL models - ?? Not sure.

If I remember correctly, there are screws from the bottom around the
caster that tighten the leg to the toe block, and those could be a
possible source of noise - although I've never seen it happen.

More commonly, the trap lever pivot brackets and spring cups can squeak,
and there are screws underneath the trap lever that hold things
together.  This is a common 'hidden' squeak source, as are the toe rail
/ bottom board screws you mentioned.  To check, pop out the pivot pin
and take off the offending trap lever, turn it over and check the
screws.  Also check the spring cap for cracks.

Kawai parts can get you replacement trap parts if needed.  (800)
421-2177.

Don Mannino RPT, Director
Kawai Piano Technical Education
www.kawaius.com