Kuerti article, part II (long)

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:53:42 -0500

On Thursday, March 4, 2004, at 02:32 PM, Horace Greeley wrote:

> It is from that context that I find, however presently outdated, this
> article important.  Here is an internationally acclaimed artist who
> has taken the time (albeit a while back) to carefully think through
> and present things that might be of help to other pianists...and, for
> that matter, technicians and presenters alike.

Hi Horace,
I certainly meant to indicate this in my post.  Perhaps I did not do a
good job of it.  I completely agree with everything you wrote.  But I
was also agreeing with Jim's point that it should be taken in context,
and not necessarily fodder for teaching the novice piano service.

> Perhaps it will prove possible to induce either Mr. Kuerti, or someone
> else of similar stature, to revisit this topic.

And this as well.  I almost posted this same statement earlier.

Jeff