Scheduling, etc.

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:07:50 -0700

	FWIW, our university uses a program called CorporateTime (web-site listed
as www.steltor.com). This is a server based program that can be used and
accessed by anyone with a password, with varying degrees of authority to
make changes or read only. I don't have much experience using it, as our
department secretary isn't up on it enough to make it a real interactive
tool. (She claims to have given me read only access to the schedules for
all classrooms, but it ain't so. And I haven't found the time to get
together with someone who really knows the program). Our recital hall
schedule is done with pencil on paper - we're real Luddites here for the
most part. I stop by the hall manager's office (to which I have a key) and
check the book on a fairly regular basis, which really works fine for our
level of activity.
	CorporateTime is probably an expensive program - designed so that it works
for an entire large university with all its classrooms, and with an ability
for each faculty or staff member to have personal or committee schedules
posted as well.
	Anyway, it's another thing that's out there.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico

--On Friday, March 5, 2004 3:37 PM -0700 Jim Busby <jim_busby@byu.edu>