Kroeger grand action

Greg Granoff gjg2@humboldt.edu
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:40:55 -0800

List,
Anybody know anything about a domestic grand action under the Kroeger =
name from (I assume) the first half of the 20th century that had jacks =
with an extra articulation built into the vertical portion under the =
knuckle?  At a recent chapter meeting, a local tech who is relatively =
new to the business described seeing this action and being completely at =
sea as to how it might be regulated and what the premise of the unusual =
design was.  There is apparently a spoon projecting from the front face =
of the jack just above the articulation that contacts its very own =
regulating screw button sitting above the standard one for the jack =
tongue.  After thinking about it, I sort of theorized that this feature =
changes the jack's relationship to the underside of the knuckle by =
altering the angle that the jack top faces the knuckle after =
escapement--perhaps making return to playing position easier(?)  I've =
never seen or heard of this beast, and was hoping someone could shed =
some light on it.
Thanks,
Greg

Greg Granoff   RPT