Public Domain

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:55:37 -0600

Yes the PTG.   Isn't your committee the controlling body of this
listserve and  represents the PTG?  So you have interest to change all
this?  What are your plans?  I have been dismissed before with the
feeling that this is the way it is and that's that about the state of
our listserves.

Dave, I think I've told you before (correct me if I'm wrong) in private
emails that this forum and the other one (I think it's called Pianotech
or something like that) should not be public or at least controlled by
a moderator.  Being public they represent the PTG because the PTG is
sponsoring them.   The PTG should be putting it's best foot forward to
the public and many of the discussions do no such thing for the PTG.
People have flame wars that make technicians look rude and narrow
minded.  I don't think that does our organization any good to have that
stuff out there for the public.  There are details discussed such as
what started this discussion that don't look good to the outsider.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls