Public Domain

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:43:27 +0100

Tim...

The face put forward by this list to the public is the least of our
<<public worries>>.  Nor does any potential detrimant to that face weigh
up to the negatives created by employing a list moderator.  Moderators
are never, have never been, and indeed cannot possibly be objective
enough and you will end up with a small click of like minded technicians
patting each other on the back more then anything else.  There are
tendancies for this already.... as there are in any such community...
cyber or otherwise.

Sure there are flame wars from time to time... thats life and
personally.... I find people or organizations that hide such natural
tendancies to be suspicious from the get go. People argue and fight,
then they turn around and have a beer together... head bashing has
always taken on many forms and in the end it is these dynamics that
bring out the best ideas.

With respect

RicB