voicing schedule

Tunapianer@aol.com Tunapianer@aol.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:58:44 EST

List,

Although I'm currently only a hard-studyin' Assoc., I migrated over from
pianotech, because I work in an institutional setting as a "part-time" CAUT, and
because 50 to 100-plus messages (a few gems, many frivolous) per day on
pianotech became way too much to handle.  Regarding recent comments here on the value
of the listserves, these have been beneficial to me.

Institutional pianos of course receive very heavy use and abuse.  May I
survey CAUTs for helpful information about whether you have any kind of a regular
voicing schedule, like a regular tuning schedule?  If so, is that schedule
tailored for piano location (i.e., studios more often than practice
rooms/classrooms)?  And, do you vary the voicing method according to piano location, or for
whatever is most time-efficient (i.e., file and steam in the practice rooms
because it's quick, etc.)?

Many thanks,

Greg Soule
Pensacola, FL