Treble ringing problem

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@utm.edu
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:58:06 -0600

How do you keep the bean bags on an upright?
Joy!
Elwood Doss, Jr.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 8:36 PM
  Subject: RE: Treble ringing problem

  Well, I guess I can't say he doesn't know beans anymore...;-]

  David I.

  From: Jim Busby <jim_busby@byu.edu>
  To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>

  Hi all,

  =20

  Dean Garten uses 2 or 3 small narrow bean bags to mute off =
sections/areas. It helps you find problems and works well to temporarily =
mute the upper strings while tuning. Before threading braid this is a =
quick way to diagnose and it really does aid in tuning to "shut off" the =
upper section.

  =20

  Jim Busby