Steinway ringing, was Treble ringing problem

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:58:37 -0500

I'm another piano technician on the list at another SEC school, but=20
t'was not me.

My understanding and observations are that earlier Steinways had wider=20=

damper felt than what has been being used in the last ca 20ish years. =20=

Thus, the factory designed after ring from current models.

my take,
Jeff

On Tuesday, March 16, 2004, at 09:38 AM, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> While were on this subject, please allow me to change pianos. Last=20
> year I brought up the problem of a student complaining about a B=20
> having too much after ring. Now one of the piano professors said the=20=

> new D has too much. I thought it was the "nature of the beast," but=20
> the piano professor claim earlier Steinways do not have this problem.=20=

> He claims another piano technician, well known to this list, at=20
> another SEC school, said it has something to do with the alloy in the=20=

> damper wire, or something to that effect. (If you know who you are,=20
> you may identify yourself.)
> =A0
> What is the opinion on this? What, if anything, have any of you done=20=

> to solve this problem?
> =A0
> Wim
> Willem Blees, RPT