Steinway damper ringing problem

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:15:47 EST

Just want to report some more on this. Not only is there more than usual
after ring, but when a C or G chord is played, you can hear g4 ringing, but it's
like an overtone, not the actual note. I've put my finger on it, and it doesn't
stop it. The same thing happens when I play an F or Bb chord, the f4 rings.
It doesn't happen so much when an E or A chord is played, (listening for an E),
or any other combination of notes.

Some time later this month I am going to take Ed's advice and rebuild the
back action and see if that will solve some problems. I am going to try Alan's
suggestion and dampen the tenor duplex scale area. Other than that, any other
suggestions.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano tuner/technician