Steinway damper ringing problem

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:26:56 -0500

Wim-
Yes, have a session with the teacher and find out exactly what is =
bothering him.  "After ring" is too general a term.  Do some diagnostics =
with him and get him to be specific. You may be correcting things he =
doesn't hear, and he may be  bothered by things that sound o.k. to you.
Ed Sutton
  Some time later this month I am going to take Ed's advice and rebuild =
the back action and see if that will solve some problems. I am going to =
try Alan's suggestion and dampen the tenor duplex scale area. Other than =
that, any other suggestions.=20

  Wim
  Willem Blees, RPT
  Piano tuner/technician