(no subject)

Garret E. Traylor traylorg@equaltemperament.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:16:46 -0500

Regards;
Garret
  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Cautedt@aol.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 3:51 PM
  To: caut@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: (no subject)

  In a message dated 3/17/2004 2:39:01 PM Central Standard Time,
kswafford@earthlink.net writes:

    However, achieving certification as a PTG tuning examiner is an
    accomplishment worthy of note on a resume, even if only to document
    one's service commitment to the community of piano techs. I see neither
    how a simple statement of such fact worded similarly to the previous
    sentence could possibly be prohibited, nor any prohibition ever be
    enforced.

  It may well be an accomplishment worthy of note, but my understanding of
the original intent was that it was not to be noted. Does this turn on the
"public-ness" of use in public? Perhaps. From a practical point of view, you
are certainly right that enforcement can only be accomplished by peer
pressure, and in the proper education of CTE's as they train. Is the "ethic"
of being CTE part of the training? Just curious.

  Paul