(no subject)

Cautedt@aol.com Cautedt@aol.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:51:22 EST

In a message dated 3/17/2004 2:39:01 PM Central Standard Time,
kswafford@earthlink.net writes:

> However, achieving certification as a PTG tuning examiner is an
> accomplishment worthy of note on a resume, even if only to document
> one's service commitment to the community of piano techs. I see neither
> how a simple statement of such fact worded similarly to the previous
> sentence could possibly be prohibited, nor any prohibition ever be
> enforced.

It may well be an accomplishment worthy of note, but my understanding of the
original intent was that it was not to be noted. Does this turn on the
"public-ness" of use in public? Perhaps. From a practical point of view, you are
certainly right that enforcement can only be accomplished by peer pressure, and in
the proper education of CTE's as they train. Is the "ethic" of being CTE part
of the training? Just curious.

Paul