(no subject)

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:46:44 -0800

A resume is an adverstisement of sorts...it's selling you.  CTE=
 is not to be written anywhere and the fact that you explain it=
 (Certified Tuning Examiner) certainly gives some idea of what=
 CTE is.  Apparently Council has to spell it out more clearly. =
 It should simply state you can't write CTE anywhere after your=
 name.  Come on Wim...

David I.

From: <Wimblees@aol.com>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: (no subject)

In a message dated 3/17/04 2:39:01 PM Central Standard Time,=
 kswafford@earthlink.net writes:
I find myself in disagreement with Wim over his use of the=
 acronym CTE
on a web site, since this use clearly implies a credential.=
 Implying a
credential was just the sort of use we intended to strongly=
 discourage.
This is what my web site says. (I composed it)
Willem Blees, Piano technician.
BS. Ed. Northern Illinois University. MS Mus. Ed University of=
 Illinois. Registered Piano Technician (RPT) and Certified Tuning=
 Examiner (CTE) in the Piano Technicians Guild (PTG). Served on=
 the PTG Board of Directors as Central West Regional Vice=
 President from 1985 - 87. Instructor at numerous PTG sponsored=
 seminars and technical institutes. Avid handbell player,=
 composer and arranger and conductor. Piano technician at the=
 University of Alabama since 2001.

Is this wrong?

Wim