Easing Grand Damper rail bushings

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:42:46 -0500

Elwood,

I have the damper tool you mentioned.  I use it occasionally,
especially if I'm in a hurry.  You have to be careful not to push the
felt bushing out of the guide rail.

My preferred method is to take out the damper and use a round,
tapered file that I carry.  I view the easing tool as more of a quick
fix, temporary thing.

chris