[admin] RE: Kawai heavy action

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:10:08 +0100

Hello Fred,

  yes , that is , I guess you probably can apply the water from inside
the leather , but from experience with grand backcheks, a simple drop
of water will moist a large part of the leather, if you are too near
of the glue joint you can possibly have problem with it. Nowadays the
stretch factor is important enough, the glue also stretch a tad, I
have find that the guing is more controlable with this method, and the
end result very tight.

Never done that for grand rollers, please let me know how it turns. I
said pure water to avoid eventual marks, and deposit, I don't believe
that is so important but...

What I suspect is that you will probably have to change the leather,
when moisted you will discover that it have been driven too soft with
the rolling motion experienced, and that the repair  risk is a
premature wear of the leather don't you think so ?

That should be interesting to test the trick on Ecsaine also, if the
process work with some fiber propreties, it possibly work as well on
synthetics.

Have beeen shown how to unglue a set of rollers in more or less 10
minutes with a brass punch and an adequate support, from the side, the
roller pop out clean and fast (may be depending of the brand, glue
used ...)

Thanks for keeping posted.

Isaac OLEG