Practical Concert Work

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Sun, 30 May 2004 17:10:57 -0600

Hi Jim,
	I guess it's about what I end up with. My complaint is that the final caul
doesn't press the felt quite enough to hold it firmly for cutting, when the
felt thickness is correct. I think a couple thousandths thicker would hold
enough tighter to make the job easier, and wouldn't press the felt so much
that it would be sloppy. Just a random thought while being frustrated
having to hold each caul while slicing. Or, when having chosen a slightly
thicker felt so I don't have to hold he caul, finding I need to ease by
squeezing wood. I could well be wrong in thinking that a slightly thicker
caul wouldn't create the slop I want to avoid.
	Bottom line is that the system works beautifully when you come up with
just the correct felt thickness.
Regards,
Fred

--On Saturday, May 29, 2004 3:09 PM -0600 Jim Busby <jim_busby@byu.edu>