[CAUT] Re: Steinway Damper system upgrade & redesign

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 07:40:24 -0800

Mary, didn't you get a copy of my handout down in Texas a couple of years
back? The drawing showed the slight modification to the rail and the
step-by-step process was included on the same page.

Del
  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Erwinspiano@aol.com
  Sent: November 08, 2004 7:02 AM
  To: caut@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: [CAUT] Re: Steinway Damper sytem upgrade & redesign

  In a message dated 11/8/2004 6:47:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
marysmith@mail.utexas.edu writes:
    Dale,

    Though I missed your "dreaded" OT posts (oops, must have hit that delete
key too soon!), I'm glad I took a moment to read this message about damper
systems. Excellent advice. The capstan installation under each underlever is
new to me. How long would you say this takes? It sounds like a super
upgrade - I hate feeling inadequate because I can't regulate milli-micron
amounts of change under the pinblock without looking by turning those
dadburned screws, etc, etc... Thanks for putting all those ideas together in
one place!

    Mary

     Mary
    I was surprised that it took relatively little time. Remember I did make
one pass on the table saw for a relief cut Took 5 minutes.Marking & drilling
holes about 30 minutes. Tapping in was about 30 minutes. Cost of parts was
nominal.
   Oh come on, Are you sure you don't need another OT?
    Dale