[CAUT] lifting strings

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:02:38 -0400

I  made a string lifting tool to remove the natural curve at the v-bar:
A spinet caster mounted on the end of a pin block scrap. It is levered
on the key bed against a suitable block of the closest wood at hand.
I lift the duplex side first, then the speaking length. For bass strings,
I place a scrap of wood between the unison and the wheel; a segment
of the Renner slats which come with their hammer sets is perfect.

To remove the curve at the bridge pins I made "The Terminator" out of a
screw driver (jpg attached).

I also tap the wire at the rear and front duplex. Both sides.
The loop at the hitch pin is coaxed with parallel pliers.

Jon Page
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Terminator.jpg
Type: image/jpeg