[CAUT] more problems with the D

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:29:17 EDT

=20
In a message dated 10/7/04 6:21:29 PM Central Daylight Time, =20
davidlovepianos@comcast.net writes:

I would  opt for string seating, making sure the hammers are hard enough=20
underneath and  aren=E2=80=99t mushing out in the upper area of the piano, =20=
hammer shape=20
and fitting.  For  focus I think you need a pretty firm supporting structure=
 of=20
the hammer that  is not too hard on the crown=E2=80=94iron fist in a velvet=20=
glove.=20

David
=20
This summer I spent quite a bit of time making sure the strings and  hammers=
=20
are level, etc. Since this is pretty much in the capo area, I will again  ma=
ke=20
sure the strings are seated on the V bar, and on the bridges.=20
=20
To make sure I understand you right, though, for the hammers, should  add=20
hardener to the shoulders, and then soften up the top? Or just harden up the=
 =20
underneath, and leave the tops alone?
=20
Wim=20