[CAUT] Tightening Screws as part of regular maintenance

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:28:35 -0500

Wim:

I have an old Black & Decker power screw driver that has a torque=
 adjustment on it.  I leave it set pretty high most of the time=
 for cheek block screws etc. but when working on action screws I=
 back down the torque setting (to 4 of a possible 6) so I won't=
 strip out the rail holes.  It has enough power to strip them.=
 DAMHIK.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts