[CAUT] CAUT List update

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:21:28 EDT

Fellow techs.

Just a follow up on the CAUT list update. So far I've received over 30 new
additions, and about 8 corrections. There are a lot more CAUTs out there who
are  not aware of the CAUT web site, much less the CAUT chat page. In an effort
to  try to expand this list, and the awareness of the CAUT web site, I would
like to  ask each of you to contact technicians you know in your area or
chapter who work  for a college or university, and encourage them to send me their
name and  affiliations. Below is a letter I sent out to members of the
Birmingham chapter.  So far I've gotten three responses from members who were not
aware of the  existence of the CAUT web site. The more technicians we have on this
list, the  more aware the academic community will be about the importance of
our  organization.

Thanks for your effort and help.

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Technician
School of Music
University of  Alabama

Fellow Tuners

The PTG has a web site for College and University Technicians.
(_www.ptg.org/caut_ (http://www.ptg.org/caut) ). On the web site is a list  of piano
technicians who do work for a college or university.  This includes 4 year
institutions, conservatories, junior college, or any other  institution of higher
learning. If you tune pianos for a college or  university, whether it's full time,
part time, or only do contract work, the  CAUT Committee would like to include
your name on this list.

Please send your name, e-mail address, the name of the  school(s) for which
you work, and whether you are full time, part time or  do contract work, to
Willem Blees at _wimblees@aol.com_ (mailto:wimblees@aol.com) . You do not need to
be  a member of the PTG to be included on this list.