Tech outsourcing (was Re: [CAUT] Abel action centers seizing)

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:13:26 -0400

On Tuesday, June 14, 2005, at 10:07 AM, Avery Todd wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I tend to think that's probably the high end Shigeru Kawai grands.
> It's only a one time thing after purchase, as far as I know. Unless
> maybe a warranty issue comes up. A selling point, probably. :-)
>
> Avery

That was what I thought he said, but I didn't want to state something
incorrectly.  Yes, a selling point, but nonetheless something we could
be trained for rather than "outsourcing".  It was actually a point he
was making to be tongue in cheek humorous.  But who knows what it could
reasonably lead to?

Bringing Korean or Chinese techs over as dealer service techs?

Anything the big guns can do to keep more money in their own pockets
and keep the little guy from being able to afford to buy the products
they sell.

JT