Tech outsourcing (was Re: [CAUT] Abel action centers seizing)

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:50:34 -0400

On Tuesday, June 14, 2005, at 12:36 PM, Susan Kline wrote:

> At 12:13 PM 6/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>> Bringing Korean or Chinese techs over as dealer service techs?
>>
>> Anything the big guns can do to keep more money in their own pockets
>

> With respect, this would be outrageously expensive, and not a way for
> piano makers to line pockets.
>
> Susan

If they're working now in China for $25/week for piano manufacturers,
don't you think they'd be tickled to come to America to work for
minimum wage and live with 4 other families in 14 by 70 like a lot of
the other migrant workers do?  Even $20/hour would be saving the
dealers money, no?

Not that I want to give them any ideas, mind you.

JT