[CAUT] Piano truck installation

llafargue llafargue@charter.net
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0500

I am ordering a piano truck/dolly system from Pianotek for a Steinway D
in a University hall here.  I have never installed one from scratch and
not sure of the smartest and safest way.  I know I have to take each leg
off to remove the casters.  Also that the lyre should be off.  I have
car/piano stationary jacks to hold it up (only have 2) and I have a
hydraulic jack.  I also have a portable engine hoist that I could lug
there from my shop if necessary.

Any experienced voices would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
985.72P.IANO