[CAUT] Performance facility inventory

Israel Stein custos3@comcast.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:52:26 -0700

At 11:00 AM 6/21/2005, Barbara Richmond wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm doing a bit of research on behalf of the performance facility where
>=
>I work.  Here are the questions:
>
>How many pianos are available in your major concert/recital hall and =
>what sizes are they?  (Example, 2 S&S Ds and 1 S&S B)
>
>Do you have any comments on what you think the ideal inventory would be?
>
>If you think folks are interested, reply on-list, otherwise, e-mail me =
>privately.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Barbara Richmond, RPT
>piano57@flash.net

We have 2 major performance venues. Knuth Hall has one NY Steinway D and
one Hamburg Steinway D. McKenna Theater has one NY Steinway D. In addition,
any of our rehearsal studio and band room pianos (Steinway D, Yamaha
C-7,  a big Baldwin  and a big Steinert) can be easily moved into either
facility for use in prepared piano performances (we do not allow our
primary performance instruments to be "prepared").

Israel Stein
San Francisco State University