[CAUT] Performance facility inventory - a 2nd twist (Also - "Loaner pianos")

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:44:08 -0600

Hi Jeff,

At BYU we DON'T allow prep pianos on concert instruments. We have 2
options; a Steinway L used for rehearsals in the recital hall, and we
have a "loaner/rental" Kawai GS40 that can also be used.

This brings up a point that others might be interested in. We have the
Kawai "loaner" and a nice Schimmel Upright "loaner". For school of music
sponsored events there is no charge to use the loaners, but others must
rent them. We keep them in a closet, ready to go. It has been great to
have a couple pianos "on call". We use them about 2-5 times per month.

Jim Busby BYU