[CAUT] NASM Standards

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:53:37 -0500

I'm a little confused by this.  Do you have unqualified professors there
at Alabama?  NASM certainly won't accredit schools that have unqualified
teachers.

=20

dp

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 8:31 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] NASM Standards

=20

Fred, and list

=20

In general, what you have come up with is very good. I wonder, however,
how far we can go in getting NASM to get schools to hire piano techs
with a certain amount of  qualifications and training. In other words,
can NASM require a school to hire "qualified" professors to teach
certain courses?  If they can, then we can certainly put that statement
in. But if they are not allowed to do that, then we might be asking for
too much.=20

=20

If you're going to NASM, I would suggest we start with only the
statement, and leave the arguments behind, until they agree to listen to
us. If you bombast them with too much information at first, they might
not look at it at all.=20

=20

Just a thought

=20