[CAUT] Sacrifice (was tuners- technology)

Avery Todd atodd@uh.edu
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:35:57 -0600

At 06:35 PM 2/28/2005, you wrote:
>If I hear an aural problem with my SAT III assisted tunings it is mainly
>in single octaves and for that reason it is what I keep an ear on.   I
>suspect the a lot of the tuning problems are where I place the SAT.   I
>can move it around and get different readings.   Do any of you SAT users
>find this?

I definitely do! When I don't have a clear reading, I can usually move it
some, then where
I thought I had the note, I didn't. After I got a clear, stable reading. Is
that clear as
mud? :-)

>I remember Jim Coleman Sr. mentioning the big thing in moving ETDs further
>on is their mic quality/pickup etc.

I really wish they would!

Avery

SNIP