[CAUT] :( Greetings from friendly neighborhood upstate New York Igloo

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:43:43

Hi Michelle,

Yes, the heat needs to be on for many hours before the tuning is attempted.
Point out to them they are getting a "free" tuning worth X dollars. Tell
them you need this to do your job properly. The cost of "ramping" the heat
up and down and up again will likely exceed the cost of leaving it up
overnight--especially if the sanctuary is large.

I assume this will be a repeat venue for recitals. Tell them that the piano
was unacceptable this time due to the rapid heat/humidity changes, and that
the heat needs to be stable next time.

The other alternative is leaving the heat off for the recital too *grin*.