[CAUT] :( Greetings from friendly neighborhood upstate New York Igloo

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK@missouri.edu
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:07:30 -0600

Hey Michelle,

I can relate.  Rural Missouri is full of little churches who can't/won't
afford to keep the heat or AC on during the week.  I have been in the
position of trying to sell them on the idea of keeping the thermostat at 50
or 55 in the winter and 80 or 85 in the summer instead of OFF.  Some just
can't understand why the piano always sounds bad.  Some don't even notice.

A wise man once told me, "Never want something for someone else more than
they want it for themselves".  All that does is lead to frustration.  Our
job is, to the best of our abilities and from our technical point of view,
clearly communicate to our clients/employers what the options are in a
particular situation and what the likely consequences of different decisions
are.  Then they make a decision based on their resources and values.  If we
get balled up about that decision, that will only mess up our day.  Do the
best job you can under the circumstances and then move on.

Oh, yeah, and vent when necessary.  We're always here. :-)

Ken Z.