[CAUT] :( Greetings from friendly neighborhood upstate New York Igloo

michelle stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:57:49 -0500

THanx much Avery. ALOT.

As it stands the church has most likely just left it where it's been.
They are being nice enough to let us use this space and piano to perform on
and I am (uh-oh) not getting paid to tune it.

Maybe this is opening another can of worms here- but as far as *I'm*
concerned- if it's a faculty recital then I feel that I should have the
piano tuned with  no extra pay on top of my salary.
Just my personal opinion.

So we're kind of at their mercy.
(Heh! they are a church like I said..)

I can't be (and we can't be??) slaves to what people do with their
thermostats when we're not around.. for it's only where we work where we
might have some clout, huh?

I don't know.

This is so much like my other post of a 2 piano and harpsichord recital we
had a coupla weeks ago in another building- where my instruments went all
sharp after days and days and days of tuning- trying to get things settled
for the big day. All heat/thermostat related.

I tell you- I got more gray hairs from that than the performers did...

We have no recital hall here- I run across this ALL THE TIME.

:(
Michelle

--On Wednesday, March 2, 2005 12:48 PM -0600 Avery Todd <atodd@uh.edu>