[CAUT] Sacrifice (was tuners- technology)

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:36:03 -0800

I generally tune unisons with the machine and the ear.   Which=
 comes first?   I use the middle string as my first tuned string=
 and bring the outside strings with the SAT III, the ear is the=
 final judge.   It's funny, especially in the bass when you come=
 across a unison that will not be clean and end up, with the SAT,=
 tuning one string slightly flat and the other slightly sharp to=
 get as clean as possible the unison...I agree with Fred, I can=
 get very good unisons with the ETD but the ear decides if it's=
 good enough to move on...

David Ilvedosn