[CAUT] Unison Tuning

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:33:29

Hi Fred,

I picked the Baldwin because the three wires were clean sounding--and it is
piano that is very stable, and has been so for several years. It also
happened to be one that I was working on.

I did not take measurements of the outside strings. There were no audible
beats when I ghosted at the 2,3,4,5 and 6th partials on the three string
unison, nor on the single string when I did the same. Nor could I hear any
when I simply played the note. I don't quite trust ghosting to show falseness.