[CAUT] DC table

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:19:37 -0700

List,
=20
Just a follow up (FYI) on the Damp Chaser table that we bought for the
harpsichord here at BYU. Bad idea. All the advice came true; it tried to
humidify the whole room, etc., and the harpsichord was even less stable.
A cover works, until someone leaves it off... We didn't try skirting.
=20
Solution; tune the harpsichord once a week, as we used to do. (It only
takes 15 minutes, it you keep on it weekly.)
=20
The table wasn't a total bust, however, because we moved it under a new
B and it works w/o any attachment to the piano. I'm sure it would be
even better if we put the cover under it, but it seems to work quite
well as is. For people who want a DC installed w/o attaching anything to
the instrument this may be what they need.
=20
Live and learn...
=20
Jim Busby BYU