[CAUT] DC table

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:22:11 -0600

At 12:19 3/9/2005, you wrote:
>List,
>
>Just a follow up (FYI) on the Damp Chaser table that we bought for the
>harpsichord here at BYU. Bad idea. All the advice came true; it tried to
>humidify the whole room, etc., and the harpsichord was even less stable. A
>cover works, until someone leaves it off… We didn’t try skirting.
>
>Solution; tune the harpsichord once a week, as we used to do. (It only
>takes 15 minutes, it you keep on it weekly.)
>
>The table wasn’t a total bust, however, because we moved it under a new B
>and it works w/o any attachment to the piano. I’m sure it would be even
>better if we put the cover under it, but it seems to work quite well as
>is. For people who want a DC installed w/o attaching anything to the
>instrument this may be what they need.
>
>Live and learn…
>
>Jim Busby BYU

Many thanks for getting the experience for us. ;-}

BTW, what maker/configuration of plucking machine?

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.