[CAUT] M&H pressure lube

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:31:07 EST

In a message dated 3/11/05 1:52:10 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jtanner@mozart.sc.edu writes:

But the  archives are NOT password protected. So, perhaps the concern
may be  valid?

My opinion is this. This is a College and University Technicians list.  We're
going to be talking about a lot of highly technical items. I don't think  any
of us actually said, in a straight face, and with supporting arguments, that
we advocated using WD-40 on the string and tuning pins. If there are  lurkers
who are not a piano technician reading our archives, they're most likely  not
going to understand much of what we're talking about. If they read that
"we're putting WD-40 on the pins", and tries it, that's not our fault they're
that "dumb". By the same token, if there are lurkers out there who are piano
technicians, but don't have enough sense to know not to use WD-40 on  pins,
again, that's not our fault.

Just my opinion.

Wim