[CAUT] gnashing of teeth and stability

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:38:14 EST

I restrung a D last summer that's been giving me fits with stability,  so I
took Dan Tassin's advice on stability tuning. This morning I  wiggled and
jostled and shimmied the hammer, while pounding the key. I had been  doing some of
that, but not with the hammer in line with the strings. I hope it  works. But
what I found myself doing was gnashing my teeth and clamping my mouth  shut
while doing that. I wound up paying more attention not trying to do that,  than
concentrating on my tuning. Any one else out there with a bad  overbite?

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music