[CAUT] gnashing of teeth and stability

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:39:52 +1100

>Ron,
>
>Please explain. How and with what?  Thanks.
>
>Jim Busby BYU

Hi Jim,

I generally use a spare upright hammer shank. In the bass section I
push on the cover winding out behind the dampers. You don't need much
pressure to the pull the back lengths over and, provided the force is
not too much, there will be no risk of kinking the wire.

If you haven't done it for a while, its surprising how much you hear
the clicking of the string moving over the bridge. If you don't do
it, it will all happen while the pianist is driving the instrument
into 'full song', just when you want it to stay in tune.

Best,
Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY