[CAUT] Re: Pin block strangeness

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:10:39 -0500

Christopher Purdy wrote:

>  I would be interested in hearing from anyone that does a lot of new
> piano service on asian pianos. Are they all doing this?

Chris, I see alot of Pearl Rivers from the dealer I do contract work
for. I have never had a stability problem with any of them. I have other
concerns with them, but tuning stability is not one of them. My
experiences tell me they're as close to Yamaha consistency at the block
as anything coming out of China right now.

I have tuned a few Dong Bei's when they were making pianos for Story and
Clark..I'm not sure they still are, but those pianos had more problems
than just tuning stability.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)