[CAUT] Today's Puzzler.

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:43:12 -0600

At 13:30 3/17/2005, you wrote:

>Thomas D. Seay, III wrote:
>
>>Well, how about the top flange or its set screw touching the sostenuto rail?
>
>Tom, it's not the Sos rail..but
>
>>I seem to recall that the Mason & Hamlin's of that vintage have some sort
>>of oddball sostenuto rail which is almost impossible to regulate up and
>>down or in and out.
>
>That's true..this M&H has that config..but that's not the problem.
>
>Final clue: it is in the damper system..specifically B2..and if you know
>how this particular damper system works, then you have an excellent chance
>of guessing the problem..which I already know..I'm looking for the remedy.
>I have an idea, but I want to see if my colleagues know of an easier way
>than what appears to me to be 'the' solution..
>
>-Phil

Something to do with the sostenudo post/rod support arm? I'm too lazy to
pull apart the A we have here, but does the cure you don't want to see
involve shimming the support arm?

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.