[CAUT] gratitude

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:41:41 -0600

Your expression of respect,and love,explain clearly why the "family'" of =
piano tuner/tech,posters,lurkers are here. Consider me a distant =
relative. If I may,I will post,if acceptable. My humor is never intended =
as,snide,nor  disrespectful. Thank you each and all!

HubertLiverman
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Chris Solliday=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:30 PM
  Subject: [CAUT] gratitude

  I'd just like to take a moment and wax gratefully about PTG, =
particularly this (CAUT) group.=20
  Just before Christmas, as some of you are aware, I had a bad ladder =
fall (not that any of them are good) and broke, among other things, my =
right shoulder. The break was pretty bad, totally breaking the ball off =
of the top of the humorous bone, and cracking that ball in four places. =
I have healed rather quickly according to my orthopedist and physical =
therapist with few complications. I'd like to say it was because I have =
remarkable recouperative powers for a man of any age, but the truth is I =
had help. The prayers of my friends and aquaintances, the Presbyterian =
Church next door, and many of the churches I regularly service have =
contributed. The non praying well wishers were wonderful too. Chris and =
Karen Robinson's card was particularly comforting.  People really came =
out of the woodwork. I am overwelmed by this and feel very undeserving. =
The PTG/CAUT members who are in this group are many and I thank you all.
   I especially would like to thank Dawn Herring, Gregory Graham, and Ed =
Hudak (and Judith Palmer and Paul Adams who volunteered but were not =
needed) who have helped me maintain my school contracts during this time =
period. I was out completely for seven weeks and even now can only do =
two or three pianos a day effectively. Well actually that may have =
always been true now that I think about it.  I'd really like to do one a =
day, all day. I'll keep selling full service until that evolves.
   Some days are painful (so I reschedule alot) and there is stiffness =
in the joint, but I am hopeful that I will avoid future arthritis or =
other complications. Gotta remember to "rest it."
  Although I wil attend the MARC in a couple of weeks I will not be able =
to attend any other PTG events for a while and will be curtailing any =
committee activity as well while I restock my savings which were =
dessimated. ExecuKey sales have continued to help, and I am the newest =
AccuTuner dealer, so don't hesitate to call (pardon the shameless =
commmercial plugs) for sales and service.
   Most of all I write to tell you what a  great comfort it has been =
reading and writing to this list. This list is the most consistently =
intelligent source (you too Jeff) for us pin benders and I really value =
it. It will come as no surprise to anyone that I am capable of going off =
the deep end and occasionally drifting into cynacism. Mostly this is in =
the passionate pursuit of fun and I hope I will be forgiven, Lord knows =
I can't stop.  Anyway CAUT thanks for being there, I love you folks (you =
too Jeff) and enjoy this exchange a great deal.
  Just a couple of observations: always obey the rules of ladder safety, =
no man is an island, get up dust yourself off and start all over again, =
have some disability insurance, learning to tune uprights with your left =
hand is a good thing for many reasons, you're never too old or =
experienced to learn how to set a tuning pin properly, and piano tuners =
ARE grand and upright (you too Jeff) people.  THANK YOU, Chris Solliday