[CAUT] gratitude

NERVP@ptg.org NERVP@ptg.org
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:50:22 -0500

Chris,

My heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery.  I know the mending process =
is
slow but thank God there is one.  What a wonderful piece of workmanship =
the
human body is.  Even when we accidentally abuse it, despite our
carelessness, nature has a way of healing.

Hope this Easter finds you well.

=20

Paul

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of =
Chris
Solliday
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:31 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] gratitude

=20

I'd just like to take a moment and wax gratefully about PTG, =
particularly
this (CAUT) group.=20

Just before Christmas, as some of you are aware, I had a bad ladder fall
(not that any of them are good) and broke, among other things, my right
shoulder. The break was pretty bad, totally breaking the ball off of the =
top
of the humorous bone, and cracking that ball in four places. I have =
healed
rather quickly according to my orthopedist and physical therapist with =
few
complications. I'd like to say it was because I have remarkable
recouperative powers for a man of any age, but the truth is I had help. =
The
prayers of my friends and aquaintances, the Presbyterian Church next =
door,
and many of the churches I regularly service have contributed. The non
praying well wishers were wonderful too. Chris and Karen Robinson's card =
was
particularly comforting.  People really came out of the woodwork. I am
overwelmed by this and feel very undeserving. The PTG/CAUT members who =
are
in this group are many and I thank you all.

 I especially would like to thank Dawn Herring, Gregory Graham, and Ed =
Hudak
(and Judith Palmer and Paul Adams who volunteered but were not needed) =
who
have helped me maintain my school contracts during this time period. I =
was
out completely for seven weeks and even now can only do two or three =
pianos
a day effectively. Well actually that may have always been true now that =
think about it.  I'd really like to do one a day, all day. I'll keep =
selling
full service until that evolves.

 Some days are painful (so I reschedule alot) and there is stiffness in =
the
joint, but I am hopeful that I will avoid future arthritis or other
complications. Gotta remember to "rest it."

Although I wil attend the MARC in a couple of weeks I will not be able =
attend any other PTG events for a while and will be curtailing any =
committee
activity as well while I restock my savings which were dessimated. =
ExecuKey
sales have continued to help, and I am the newest AccuTuner dealer, so =
don't
hesitate to call (pardon the shameless commmercial plugs) for sales and
service.

 Most of all I write to tell you what a  great comfort it has been =
reading
and writing to this list. This list is the most consistently intelligent
source (you too Jeff) for us pin benders and I really value it. It will =
come
as no surprise to anyone that I am capable of going off the deep end and
occasionally drifting into cynacism. Mostly this is in the passionate
pursuit of fun and I hope I will be forgiven, Lord knows I can't stop.
Anyway CAUT thanks for being there, I love you folks (you too Jeff) and
enjoy this exchange a great deal.

Just a couple of observations: always obey the rules of ladder safety, =
no
man is an island, get up dust yourself off and start all over again, =
have
some disability insurance, learning to tune uprights with your left hand =
is
a good thing for many reasons, you're never too old or experienced to =
learn
how to set a tuning pin properly, and piano tuners ARE grand and upright
(you too Jeff) people.  THANK YOU, Chris Solliday =20